New Zealand's spectacularly beautiful landscape includes vast mountain chains, steaming volcanoes, sweeping coastlines, deeply indented fiords and lush rainforests.
Comparable in size and/or shape to Great Britain, Colorado or Japan, New Zealand has a population of only 4 million - making it one of the world's least crowded countries. It is a haven for those seeking peace, rejuvenation and relaxation as well as a playground for thrill seekers and adventurers. A temperate climate with relatively small seasonal variation makes it an ideal year-round holiday destination.
New Zealand is situated in the South Pacific ocean about 2000 km (1250 miles) southeast of Australia across the Tasman Sea.
- New Zealand comprises two large islands (North and South Islands) and a number of smaller islands
- The capital is Wellington and largest city is Auckland with just over 1 million residents
- New Zealand is 21 hours ahead of the US (Pacific Time) and 12 hours ahead of the UK
- Average summer temperature is 75°F / 24°C (December to March)
- Average spring/autumn temperature is 65°F / 18°C (October to November / April to May)
- Goods and services tax (GST) is 12.5% and is included in all our prices
The aptly named Bay of Islands is a great place to combine adventure and relaxation. Offering some of the most scenic coastal scenery in New… (more)
Auckland is a vibrant South Pacific city, the largest urban city in New Zealand and an ideal place to begin a tour.
Beautiful beaches and… (more)
Just a couple of hours from Auckland, separated by the Firth of Thames, The Coromandel comprises of a forested backbone of mountains… (more)
If there is one place that no visitor to New Zealand should miss, it is Rotorua. With the scent of sulphur in the air you can stand upon… (more)